Updated: Apr 12
Currently, every day it is necessary to take greater precautions to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. It has been proven that the virus remains active for contagion on different surfaces and the clothing we wear daily is considered one of these surfaces. Health professionals working with patients who have been infected with the virus are taking additional steps to prevent its spread through their clothing. They generally use special disposable garments in hospitals and care units for the duration of their patients' treatment, and they even prefer to remove all kinds of garments that they have worn abroad before entering their homes. Therefore, how we wash our clothes becomes very important and doing it correctly can minimize the risk of contagion or contagion from our loved ones. Keep in mind the following recommendations to wash your clothes properly:
1. Wash clothing items using the warmest appropriate water setting.
2. Make sure to dry them completely.
3. Clean and disinfect hampers and use a disposable bag liner if possible.
4. The CDC suggests wearing disposable gloves that are properly removed and disposed of after each use.
5. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after and refrain from touching your face during the process
6. For more on how to disinfect and a list of sanitizing detergents, go to CDC.gov
Also, you can use our Wash & fold service to wash your clothes. You should only contact us by text message at 321-405-6600. The collection and return of your clean clothes are free. . More information about our service at: https://www.scrcleaners.com/wash-fold-service